Monday 2 April 2018

Goa March 2018 Part 3

From our hotel the beach was a 15-20 minute walk along a tar road which is currently being widened.
P3130080
I do hope they are not planning too much development because right now it's wonderful. Three or four beach shacks then nothing for at least a 30 minute walk until you get to the crowded Cavelossim beach
ME6B9978
That is not my scene one little bit but the walk there is!
ME6B9709
Even at it's busiest at the weekend it's still quiet.At other times it's deserted for the most part.

P3130086
Well, except for birds that is!
Sadly for me both times I went without a big lens I found Terns and Gulls.
Brown-headed Gull Chroicocephalus brunnicephalus
but not when I took my 500mm! Still I managed some half decent cropped shots so you can identify the species, like these Gull-billed Terns for instance.
Gull-billed Tern  Gelochelidon nilotica
However what were ever present were the small waders like Sanderling
Sanderling. Calidris alba
Lesser Sand Plovers
Lesser Sand Plover Charadrius mongolus
and Kentish Plovers
Kentish Plover Charadrius alexandrinus
The beach was one place you could get some really good views
BH2I5927
and fair play to the local authority they are doing their best to make the beaches a desirable feature too.
When we first arrived there had been some pretty rough seas and the litter washed up on the beach was awful.
BH2I3968
It covered mile after mile too but there was a couple of teams working hard to clear it all up.
BH2I4140
It was most heartening to see the same stretch of beach a few days later.
ME6B9959
For those who haven't travelled in India it's quite usual to see the litter everywhere and unfortunately away from the beach it's still a problem.
IMG_3775
I find it really upsetting to see such beautiful countryside used in such a fashion.
IMG_3775
But it's not just India, we have the same problem at home from fly tipping but not to this extent.
IMG_3786
That said, in India there isn't the same waste disposal service we have in the UK so perhaps a little more of an excuse whereas here there is none.
Let's hope the world wakes up sooner than later to the damage we are causing.
T.B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment